This dessert is the perfect amount of sweet, creamy and crunch with lots of pops of fresh strawberries and blueberries-and it’s no bake! You can use peaches or whatever summer berries you have on hand. (Don[t use frozen fruit-it gets too mushy!) This will last a couple of days in the fridge, but I doubt it will be around that long! (This would also be good with a graham cracker crust!)
- 35 vanilla wafer cookies (1 1/2 cups), plus more for the top
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 8 ounce containers whipped topping thawed
- 1-2 pounds fresh berries (strawberries & blueberries or your favorite)
- Place cookies in a large resealable gallon size bag. Seal all but 1″ of the bag (so air can escape) and crush with a rolling pin.
- Stir cookie crumbs and melted butter with a fork. Press into an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan.
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth, then mix in one container (8-ounces) of whipped topping. Reserve other container for topping.
- Slice berries as desired.
- Assemble the dessert: spread half the cheesecake mixture on top the crust. Spread half the berries on top. Cover with the remaining cheesecake mixture and top with remaining berries.
- Top the dessert with about half the remaining whipped topping. Crush more cookies and sprinkle on top, if desired. Chill for about an hour before serving.
- Store in refrigerator for 1-2 days.