You may have noticed-real estate is hot right now! Charlotte has gotten so pricey and short on inventory, that more and more folks are looking at Gaston County: Belmont is the most popular, with Mount Holly a close second, Cramerton is gaining ground, and Gastonia is drawing more people that ever. Here are 7 of the most popular neighborhoods right now in Gaston County.
1. Belle Meade (Belmont): homes range from $300’s – $400’s, resales, lot sizes average nearly 1/2 acre (.4 to be exact), homes were built early to mid 2000’s and are generally between 2500 sq. ft. – over 4,000 sq. ft., 18 homes sold in the last 12 months, homes generally sell in about 30 days on average, close proximity to South Point High School.
2. Eagle Park (Belmont): Walking distance to downtown, new construction and resales, extremely popular with 26 home sales in the last 12 months, prices range from $200’s to the $400’s, neighborhood full of charming craftsman style cottages, homes sell in under 60 days on average.
3. Deerfield (Mount Holly): Attractive features include – lots of ranch (1 level) homes, the average lot is over 1/3 acre in size, and the average home sells in the mid $200’s, primarily built in late 90’s to mid 2000’s, resales are getting ~98% of asking price and with the exception of 2 properties, some exceed asking price. Homes sell in 10 days on average (data includes 14 resales in the last 12 months). Short drive into downtown Mt. Holly.
4. Westland Farm (Mount Holly): New construction and resales starting in the low $200’s, 39 homes sold in the last 12 months in an average of 37 days on market, New homes built by Adams Homes, lots of ranch and two story homes with garages, homes range from the low $200’s to the low $300’s, community features a pool, clubhouse and playground, Short drive into downtown Mt. Holly.
5. Cramerton Village (Cramerton): Town home community, 16 town homes sold in the last 12 months, average days on market = 7 days, prices range from low $100’s – low $200’s, built in the early 2000’s, 2-3 bedroom properties, great for first time buyers or those on a budget, community features a swimming pool and trails to downtown Cramerton and Goat Island.
6.McAdenville Village (McAdenville) Walking distance to restaurants, parks, YMCA, 26 home sales in the past 12 months, new construction and resales, craftsman style homes, popular Christmas Town USA, $200’s – $300’s, resales selling in 36 days on average.
7. Gardner Park (Gastonia): 23 homes sold in last 12 months, avg days on market = 36, prices range from mid $100’s to upper $200’s, large lots that average over 1/2 acre, homes primarily built in the 1950’s-60’s and lots of brick ranches.
Homes shown may or may not be for sale at the time of this article. Some photos for illustrative purposes only.
Thanks to Meg Farmer with Scott Farmer Properties and Lawrence Mahool with Mahool Nance and Helen Adams Realty for assistance with this article.
PS – Have you subscribed for our weekly newsletter? Do that now!