Spring is in the air! This dish is a personal favorite of mine. It’s healthy and is great for get-togethers, or as an appetizer before dinner. I decided to use a mint salsa because I personally love the freshness and it pairs very well with the scallops. I look forward to sharing my recipes and I hope you enjoy!
Seared Scallops With Mango Mint Salsa:
- 6 Large scallops
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 Mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 Tablespoon Mint, Roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Red onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mango Mint Salsa:
- Dice the mango into 1/4-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Add the oil to a 12 to 14-inch sauté pan on high heat.
- Salt and pepper the scallops.
- Gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side and remain translucent in the center.
- Serve immediately with the mango salsa.
Per 3 oz: 95 calories, 5g carbs, 1 gram fat, 17g protein, 35g cholesterol
Follow Ashleigh’s dishes on:
Email: ChefEasterling (at) gmail.com